VOBHA MONTHLY BOARD MEETING

July 11, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Approved 11/09/17
Meeting Location: 5401 Hunters Ridge
Meeting Facilitator: Phil Cicero
Invitees: All VOBHA Board Members

I. Call to order (Phil)
Phil Cicero, the President, called the meeting to order at 7: 07 pm held at the Cicero's
residence.
 

ATTENDEES

A quorum was present with the following members in attendance:
Phil Cicero, President
Bekki Lowrance, Treasurer / Social Media Director
Debbie Cicero, Secretary
Joe Weaver, Webmaster / Advertising Director
David Melvin, Board Member
Megan Melvin, Board Member

ABSENT

Ron Stump, Board Member

GUESTS

Steve Hollis

II. Reading and Approval of minutes from last meeting on 06/06/17 (Debbie) Minutes
approved as read

III. Old Business

a)  Financial Statements for Past Month (Bekki)
     • Financials UPDATE
     • Bank account ending balance: $37,011.86
b) Website/Advertising (Joe)
     • eCommerce update – has been uploaded, needs bank account info added prior
        to trial run
     • Website Revisions
          o Board Members? Update wip
          o Fall Party? decided Oct 30, Sat
          o Links to Other Websites (Condos/Summit)? add Brentwood Summit
             & VOB Condos
          o Meeting Minutes? possibly upload as a jpg- want to be secure, not
             searchable
c) Huntington Parkway Fence/Signs Update (2X 4’, 2x 6’) waiting on permits: TVA
     requires a permit, issue because gas pipe line has 8’ setbacks, 2- 4’ signs at
     Huntington Ridge entrance, Amalie entrance 2- 6’ signs,
d) Fall Party Update (Megan) decided Oct 30, Sat, chili cook off, supply hot dogs,
     chips, cotton candy, condiments, order chairs, board members contributing tables
e) Community Garden on green space (Survey on VillagesofBrentwood.com) - Joe
     start survey page on website

IV. New business
a) Councilwoman Davette Blalock – Date to meet? Questions? Topics? Fall Invite??
     Phil spoke to her, she cannot meet when our board meets. Discussed the board
     trying to meet another evening. Request her to bring a codes representative to
     meeting.
     Possible topics:
     Ie…Covenants? Authority? Lawns? Trash? Metro Codes? Salt Streets? Etc??
     Discussed: options getting neighborhood streets or yards cleaned up. Nashville.gov
     (codes) appears useless.
b) Annual Meeting Date REVISION: Wednesday, September 6th 6:15-7:45pm
     Edmonson Pike Library.
c) Tami Roth resignation, New board member nomination of Steve Hollis – Phil
     nominated, passed unanimously.
d) Additional suggestions? none

V. Adjournment 7:52pm Phil made motion, it passed unanimously.

 


2017 VOBHA Annual Homeowners Meeting

September 27, 2017 Meeting Notes

Meeting Location: Edmonson Pike Library

Meeting Facilitator: Phil Cicero

Invitees: All VOBHA Homeowners


I.     Greeting/Introductions (Phil Cicero)           6:15pm

II.     VOBHA Board Objectives (Phil Cicero)    

a.         Buy Local or Small Business
b.         Be Transparent
c.         Build Community

III.     2017 Improvements/ Decisions/ Community Events (Phil Cicero)                        

a.         Quick Books – software implemented
b.         Regions Bank (Double Accountability)
c.         Transfer Fees – implemented in 2017
d.         Amalie Entrance (Landscaping, New Signs & Fence Segment)
e.         Hunters Ridge Entrance (Culvert, Fences, Gate, Signs)
f.          Website (New Address: VillagesofBrentwood.com, Rebuild, better contact, eCommerce for dues             and late fees beginning 2018)
g.         New Facebook Page
h.         Neighborhood Block Parties
i.          New Entrance Signs and Yard Signs
j.          New Landscaper
k.         Started Mowing Common Area by Creek
l.          Nextdoor App (Active Membership)
m.       Board Member Responsiveness

IV.     Treasurers Report (Bekki Lowrance)

  a.     Current Balance (08/31/17)      $34,671.74
  b.     Chart of Accounts Year to Date
  c.     Outstanding Dues (Capturing Neglected fees and Dues)

V.     2018 Plans (Phil Cicero)      

a.         Salt Streets (Research legality of both entrances and streets with extreme grades)
b.         Block Parties -  Spring & Fall 
c.         Garage Sales (3rd Saturday in April & October)
d.         Landscape Hunters Ridge Entrance - WIP
e.         Landscape Committee – need volunteers
f.          Meet with Council Woman and Adjoining HOA’s (Covenants, Metro Codes)
g.         Meeting Minutes Post to Website
h.         Register Homeowners Contact Info for Emergency Purposes ONLY
i.          Repair Entrance Message Boards

VI.     Comments/Ideas (Homeowners)

·      1st  Request to post “No Trespassing Signs” on all common areas.
·      2nd Request to remove falling trees in common area – determined to do only if endangering a house.
·      3rd  Request for help with drainage problem off Yorkshire Rd.
·      4th  Request to get house on Village Way with excessive items surrounding it cleaned up.

VII.     Adjournment            7:30pm

a.      Remember Chili Cook-off and Block Party, Saturday, September 30th, 2pm-5pm